Indiana University East, Richmond, IN is seeking a Regional Campus EHS/EMC Specialist on the East Campus. Public Safety and Institutional Assurance pursues IU’s commitment to providing the greatest degree of safety for all members of the IU community, consistent with IU’s mission and environment, applicable legal and professional standards, and available resources. PSIA includes the IU Police Department, University Environmental Health and Safety, and University Emergency Management and Continuity. PSIA also coordinates safety and security planning and operations in other university and campus offices in addition to engaging the entire university community in emergency planning and preparedness. Public Safety is a vital part of ensuring we have a safe, trusting and thriving learning and living experience at Indiana University. Our team is committed to providing the best professional service to our community.
The primary purpose of this position is to act as an embedded resource on an Indiana University regional campus regarding environmental health and safety as well as emergency preparedness.
Success in this role is accomplished through collaborative partnerships with internal and external campus stakeholders as well as a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of federal, state, local, and University programs/policies/plans/guides and directives pertaining to:
1. The safety and health of all faculty, staff, students, and the environment;
2. Hazard identification and risk assessment modeling and application;
3. Disaster planning and the validation of response capabilities; and
4. Outreach and engagement with faculty, staff, and students on emergency preparedness, risk, and safety best practices.
Job Type: Full Time
- BS/BA degree in any one of the following: Occupational Health Science, Environmental Health Science, Applied Health Science, Emergency Management, Disaster/Risk Management, Fire Science/Hazardous Materials, or other closely related degree or program of study.
At least two (2) years of previous experience with environmental health, and safety programs and/or emergency management, fire safety, public safety, or similar background.
Combinations of related education and experience will be considered
- Possess or able to obtain, within two (2) years of hiring, Associate Emergency Manager (AEM) or Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) certification.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Career Level: experience skilled
How To Apply: Click here.
The expected starting salary range is from $36,500-$41,500. IU offers an excellent benefit package.