Under direction of the Darke County Commissioners, the manager performs a variety of administrative, operational, ad maintenance duties, which involve direct labor, monitoring and evaluation of the developmental, operational, maintenance, safety, and security functions at the Darke County Airport.
Job Type: Full Time
· Responsible for ensuring safe operation and maintenance of the Darke County Airport
· Oversees and maintains navigational aids, runways, taxiways and all blacktop areas
· Performs maintenance and repair work on airport owned lighting systems, runways, taxiways, and ramps including patching holes, hauling gravel, mowing lawns, repairing fences and sweeping of asphalt surfaces
· Ensures compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration directives; ensures airport is in compliance with all regulatory agencies
· Responsible for airport rules, regulations, and administrative duties
· Sell, dispense, order aviation fuel and maintenance of fuel pumping equipment; maintains record of fuel sales and purchases for the County
· Oversees hangar rentals
· Conduct inspections of all monitoring systems, recording devices and runway lighting systems (AWOS, PAPI) Maintain a log of all inspections of the systems
Operates snow removal equipment, lawn mowers, medium and heavy equipment such as front end loaders, runway sweepers, snow blowers, tractors, and medium duty trucks used for snow removal operations.
· Performs manual labor tasks including routine carpentry, painting, plumbing, and minor electrical repairs
· Performs general cleanup work around the airport shop, equipment, and grounds, Uses various hand and power tools
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Entry Level
How To Apply: Interested applicants must submit a cover letter indicating qualifications in detail, a resume, and salary history by U.S. mail to the Darke County Commissioners, Attn: Kelly Hiatt, 520 S. Broadway, Greenville, Ohio 45331 or by email to email@example.com with “Airport Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Salary shall be based on experience