Title: Development Director
Description: POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Director is responsible for the planning, organizing, and executing of the development and fundraising efforts of the Biblical counseling ministry of Cross Connections, Inc. The Development Director will work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to achieve strategic goals in all areas of fundraising and development.
• Develop relationships and solicit donations from individuals and corporations.
• Oversee grant seeking; including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
• Develop short and long – term strategies to generate funds supporting the strategic goals of the ministry.
• Maintain all areas of ministry’s donor database.
• Supervise and direct the Isaiah 9:6 Annual Fund, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
• Supervise the planning, organizing, execution, and follow-up for all fundraising events.
• Schedule and coordinate public appearances to share fundraising information with community leaders and donors.
• Oversee creation of materials to support all fundraising activities.
• Works closely with administrative staff and Board of Directors
• Provides visible presence (posters, brochures, PPT files, etc.) on fundraising events and activities to ministry partner network.
• Attends conferences and workshops as needed, occasionally on weekends.
• Maintains membership in at least one professional organization
• Must sign and uphold Cross Connections, Inc. Statement of Faith.
• Understands the importance of Scripture and prayer in daily job activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Fundraising or related field (Marketing, Business Administration); or equivalent experience. Willing to work toward obtaining CFRE within two years.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
• Effective public speaking and presentation skills
• Effective and efficient inter-personal communication skills
• Able to work with little supervision, not afraid to ask questions and offer feedback
• Outgoing and sincere personality who is not afraid to meet new people and master new skills.
• Gifted listener who is able to discern quickly.
• Visionary thinker willing to accept challenges and understands role in advancing the mission of Cross Connections.
• Able to provide three professional references and one pastoral reference.
Contact: Matt Konow, Executive Director, 260-373-0213, ext. 103