YFC Development Director
Youth for Christ of Northern Indiana is searching for a Development Director who will help raise the necessary funds to help move the mission of YFC forward!
Title: Development Director
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Job Classification: Development
Job Status: Full-time - exempt
Mission: YFC reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other like-minded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to the word of God and prayer, passion for sharing the love of Christ and commitment to social involvement.
Position Objective: To build relationships with current local donors, corporations and churches to encourage and grow their continued support. Engage new potential donors in our current territory and potential new areas to help grow the donor base and expand ministry sites.
Skills Required: A high level of skill in the following areas is required for this position: communication, presentation, organization, networking, self-motivation, public speaking, creative thinking, sales, problem solving, ability to work as a team and relationship building.
Experience: Preferred candidates for this role will have a minimum of 3 years experience in sales or nonprofit fundraising with the ability to show a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales/fundraising goals on a consistent basis.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors
- Renew current donors, secure new donors and solicit referrals
- Attend community events, meetings or conferences to promote the YFC mission
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions
- Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events
- Ensure donors are informed, understand our mission, know how they can help and feel thanked for their contributions (development team will assist)
- Work within the Salesforce database system
Must agree to and be able to sign the Living the Life of a Leader and Statement of Faith document: Click here
Weekly Schedule: Field Time = 80%, Office/Admin = 20%
Please submit resumes to email@example.com by Friday, May 25th.
Contact InformationName: Jen Wieland
Phone: 260-484-4551 Ext. 206