Jay/Randolph Developmental Services, Inc. is seeking to hire a janitorial/maintenance technician.
JOB OBJECTIVES: Overall responsibility for the cleaning, care, maintenance and repair of all buildings, grounds and equipment belonging to JRDS
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure cleanliness of all common areas in agencies which may include sweeping, dusting, and mopping;
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming and steam clean or shampoo carpets as needed;
- Clean, disinfect and supply all agency restrooms;
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created;
- Move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks;
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems;
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas using snowplows, snow blowers and snow shovels and spread snow melting chemicals;
- Assistance with maintenance of all JRDS facilities including: JC Center, RC Center, group homes, waiver homes, buildings, grounds, driveways, parking areas and equipment belonging to JRDS;
-Oversee the maintenance of all common grounds including, but not limited to: mowing, weeding, spraying, snow removal and general clean up of open areas, fences, parking areas and signs;
-Purchase, move and transport equipment and supplies; assemble new equipment and be responsible for emergency equipment, such as generators, kerosene heaters, salamanders, and emergency lights following OSHA/CARF/DOL regulations;
-Work closely with others to ensure JRDS is maintained in a safe, efficient and professional looking manner following internal procedures and external regulations;
-Complete & maintain required paperwork.
Job Type: Part Time
JOB STANDARDS: High school equivalent with minimum of three to five years related work experience. Excellent work references and valid driver’s license required. Ability to obtain chauffeur’s license and CDL license, if needed.
-Able to lift 40 to 70 lbs.
-Good vision with excellent depth perception
-Able to stoop, bend, reach, crawl, push, kneel, climb
-Must be able to drive vehicle to transport equipment to and from locations
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Maintenance
Starting rate for this position is $10.01/hr with an increase after successfully completing the 90 day probationary period.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability coverage is available after waiting period. Additional benefits available upon hire.
How To Apply:
Visit: 901 E. Water Street, Portland, IN 47371
Application available on website