Housing Choice Voucher Program Specialist
Fort Wayne Housing Agency is seeking a Housing Choice Voucher Program Specialist. The primary purpose of this position is to process and determine applicant eligibility status for the Voucher Program. The ideal candidate will possess outstanding initiative, excellent communication and strong customer service skills while paying attention to detail. Must be able to work well with people from various diverse backgrounds. They will be extremely conscientious, reliable and promote teamwork. Professional appearance and attitude are a must.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Minimum of 1 year Social Services experience
* A valid Indiana driver’s license is required & candidate must be insurable under the Agency’s plan.
* Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook). Must have the ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks.
* Math skills – ability to work with percentages
* Must obtain certifications in HCVP Eligibility, Rent Calculation, Occupancy and Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) and PIH Information Center within 1 year of employment
* Processes applications from potential clients
* Investigates and verifies application information and determines program eligibility
* Establishes and maintains filing system and administrative procedures for applications, certifications and interims
* Interviews applicants
* Conducts annual review interviews with residents
* Calculates Rent and communicates such with residents
* Assists residents with recertification paperwork
* Assesses continued eligibility for residents
* Investigates fraud and initiates hearing processes when required
* Receives & Responds to inquiries from applicants, residents, landlords and community organizations when appropriate
Excellent compensation and benefits
Contact InformationName: Karin Reid
Phone: not published