Director of Administration
Hope Alive is seeking a part-time Director of Administration. The Director will be responsible for providing executive leadership and serving in the capacity of an executive administrator of the agency as a growing social ministry. Hope Alive's mission is bringing hope and encouragement with Christ-like love to emotionally hurting people. Hope Alive serves the community through support groups and counseling, and offers low-cost residential housing for women in transition.
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Responsible for providing executive leadership and serving in the capacity of an executive administrator of the agency as a growing social ministry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Board and Committees
- Implement the Strategic Plan of the Board, as applicable.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Serve as the legal agent of the agency.
- Provide for the overall administration of the agency within Board-approved budgetary constraints.
- Coordinate with the Treasurer and the accountant for supervision of the agency’s fiscal affairs.
- Assure the proper management of all offices, property, and equipment.
- Maintain accreditation with independent accrediting body[ies].
- Assure that volunteer staff are maintained in appropriate areas of agency work.
- Assure that accurate and secure records are maintained of the services provided in a manner that meets minimum agency licensure bodies and funding source requirements.
- Assure yearly development or revision of measurable objectives for assigned programs.
- Evaluate new program opportunities and older program modifications and/or termination in association with and approval of the Board.
- Represent the agency in the church community in a manner that promotes a commitment to social ministry and Christian values.
- Participate in relevant professional associations; attend educational programs
- Designed to enrich professional competency and promote staff participation in relevant professional activities.
- Be cognizant of and participate in the advancement of the stated mission of the agency as demonstrated in attitude and performance of responsibilities with clients, staff, and in community contacts.
- Communicate and accept appropriate relational responsibilities with other social agencies at the local, state, and national level.
- Oversee the development of public relations, publications, and fundraising programs of the agency.
- Focus on resource development in the public, private, and church sectors including individual donors, alliances, and partnerships, organizations, communities, and corporations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be committed to the values and ethics of the Christian faith.
- Must have a passion for serving people.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Possesses knowledge of and willingness/ability to fundraise.
- Demonstrate leadership ability, decision-making competence, self-confidence, and adaptability.
- Possess a commitment to social ministry and to the accomplishment of the agencies Christian mission.
- Excellent organization, planning, time management, and administrative skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Innovation and creativity in program development.
- Ability to write and/or support those writing grants requests and reports, establishing a relationship with key people in the funding agencies.
- Have a working knowledge of basic accounting principles and ability to work with accountant and Quickbooks
- Be knowledgeable in computer programs such as: Word, Excel, Quickbooks and Powerpoint
Degree in Administration, Accounting, or equivalent experience in the administration of another agency.