Customer Service Representaitve
EWA - Eagle's Wings Air – Fort Wayne, IN is currently seeking Part Time Evenings and Weekends Customer Service Representatives
Eagle's Wings Air - We are a logistics company uniquely focused on the air transportation needs in the death care community via our airline relationships. Our air transportation specialists work with many airlines to provide the management of transportation services for our clients.
CSR's role - You communicate with funeral service providers to gather information necessary to arrange for air transportation of the deceased. You will work with airlines (*Call/Contact Center* environment) to secure timely and cost effective air transportation, in keeping with the wishes of the family of the deceased. You coordinate all activities with a receiving funeral service provider and ensure that the transfer is carried out according to plans.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Professionally represent and provide company services, values and teamwork in a fast-paced call center.
- Answer incoming calls and manage email communication.
- Capture information requests for air cargo transportation including shipping and receiving parties, origin and destination airports, estimated dates of transit, etc.
- Performs data entry in air logistics management software.
- Contact airlines to secure space.
- Identifies opportunities for better service, greater workplace effectiveness and operating efficiencies.
- Be an active contributor to a great company culture.
- Meet and strive to exceed performance measures, both individual and team.
- Perform other responsibilities and support duties, as provided by management.
- Evening and weekend work will be required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma, or higher. Higher education preferred.
- Experience in Call Center environment. 1+ year a plus
- Strong attention to detail, basic math skills and strong data entry skills
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems with empathy and understanding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Ideal candidate must be an organized, detail oriented and accurate self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High energy, ability to adapt to change and a positive attitude are all required.
- Multi-tasking skills are key.
- MS Office skilled
- Outstanding Interpersonal skills with ability to quickly build rapport by phone and with co-workers in person.
Environment & Physical Demands:
- Office environment - ability to sit or stand at desk for long periods of time within close proximity to hands-free phone and multi-screen computer
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Strong sensory skills (eyesight, hearing and dexterity)