St. Peter's Lutheran Church & School is seeking a Part-Time Bookkeeper (29 hours/wk).
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain appropriate and accurate financial records, such as
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Payroll support
- General ledger
- Monthly income statement and balance sheet
- Bank accounts, Investment and other special accounts
- Tax reporting
- Individual confidential contributions records
- Prepare and make appropriate weekly bank deposits
- Prepare and mail giving statements to donors
- Oversee preparation of reports and records for school lunch program
- Attend Finance Team meetings as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Computer literacy, including account programs (Quickbooks & ACS preferred), Microsoft Office with a strong emphasis on Excel
- Specialized training in bookkeeping or equivalent work experience
- High school graduate or GED, Associates degree preferred
- Previous database experience preferred
- Clear record as determined by a police background check
- Ideal candidate evidences a lifestyle that reflects a dynamic relationship with Christ.
- Must have a heart focused on ministry, not just a job
- Strong administrative, communication, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Handles confidential matters and material with integrity and humbleness within a team environment. Requires an intuitive understanding of sensitive ministry information.
- Self-directed and a self-starter. Able to work independently with minimal supervision. Pro-active and dependable.
- Must be willing to perform other duties as required in a spirit of servitude.
- 30-60-90 Review & Annual Performance Reviews given by the Parish Administrator with input from appropriate staff
- Part time (29 hours Monday-Friday), hourly position
Candidates interested in applying should email their resume to Jenny Reith at email@example.com