Job opportunity in Maria Stein, OH
Job Purpose Summary: To assist the agricultural consultants in sampling farm fields in an accurate and efficient manner so that the consultants are able to make sound and economic soil & crop fertility recommendations for clients.
• Collect soil samples on clients’ farms, including marking sampling bags and accurately completing sample worksheets.
• Responsible for delivering samples to Brookside Laboratories in New Bremen, Ohio and process soil sample analysis results from the laboratory.
• May be required to map farm fields using a computer-aided mapping program and will receive training to do so.
• Help with maintenance of equipment and shop and is expected to keep equipment in good working order and report any maintenance needs immediately.
• Must have completed their high school education and be 18 years of age or older.
• Will have a cooperative attitude with supervisors and able to work well as part of a team.
• Should demonstrate initiative and have common sense problem-solving skills.
• Shall dress neatly. Pocket T-shirts and jeans are acceptable as long as they are not torn. Long-legged pants are suggested for sampling, but not required.
• Shall be at the office ready to work by 8:00 AM or at the time agreed upon by the sampling team.
• Shall follow all the safety procedures as outlined in the company safety manual and in training. All work shall be conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
• Will maintain confidentiality of all client information.
Skills and Abilities:
• The need to be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Will have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Must be able to demonstrate competent skills and safe use of an ATV and/or 2-wheel trail bike.
Job Type: Internship/Coop
Should have some familiarity with agronomy and farming practices. Experience in soil sampling is not required; training will be provided. The use of tablets and GIS technology would be a bonus, but not required.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Intro
Pay is on an hourly basis.
How To Apply: Email Kevin Otte