Job opening in Maria Stein, OH
Retired or work part time? Looking for some outdoor work? Consider joining our team. We are looking for qualified individuals to help collect soil samples. A great way to see the countryside and get a glimpse of the behind the scenes work of nutrient management.
Job Purpose Summary:
To assist the agricultural consultants in sampling farm fields in an accurate and efficient manner so that the consultants are able to make sound and economic soil & crop fertility recommendations for clients.
• Collect soil samples on clients’ farms, including marking sampling bags and accurately completing sample worksheets.
• Responsible for delivering samples to Brookside Laboratories in New Bremen, Ohio and process soil sample analysis results from the laboratory.
Job Type: Seasonal Work
Should have some familiarity with agronomy and farming practices. Experience in soil sampling is not required; training will be provided. The use of tablets and GIS technology would be a bonus, but not required.
• Must have completed their high school education and be 18 years of age or older.
• Will have a cooperative attitude with supervisors and able to work well as part of a team.
• Should demonstrate initiative and have common sense problem-solving skills.
• Will maintain confidentiality of all client information.
Skills and Abilities:
• The need to be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Will have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Must be able to demonstrate competent skills and safe use of an ATV and/or 2-wheel trail bike.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Intro
Pay shall be based on an acres basis
Email Kevin here to apply.