Receptionist at Manchester University (Fort Wayne Campus)
Department: Strategic Initiatives
Campus: Fort Wayne
Position overview: The receptionist provides a variety of clerical assistance to the Fort Wayne campus including the College of Pharmacy, Natural and Health Sciences, conference services and facilities management.
Essential job functions:
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Fort Wayne campus
- Provide high levels of customer service
- Answer and route calls
- Maintain the welcome desk area, mail and storage rooms
- Effectively communicate to the appropriate office or individual the arrival of visitors to the campus
- Create and display appropriate signage for Fort Wayne campus digital monitors
- Coordinates the ordering and maintains inventory of office supplies
- Process outgoing mail; sort and properly distribute all incoming mail
- Process packages to ship via UPS/FedEx as requested
- Ensures the appropriate management of mail and packages between the Fort Wayne and North Manchester campuses
- Process room reservation requests and prepare weekly setup reports
- Create and submit maintenance work order requests
- Provide additional support to conference services
- Provide support to the Fort Wayne Facilities Coordinator
- Support priority needs of Fort Wayne administrative staff and faculty
- High school diploma and administrative or clerical experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and provide strong attention to detail
- Commitment to collaborative work and team-based outcomes
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Commitment to continuous self-improvement and professional development
- Professional appearance and the ability to interact effectively with persons of all organizational levels are essential. Must represent Manchester University College of Pharmacy, Natural and Health Sciences with the highest degree of professionalism
General information: Manchester University is an independent, liberal arts university with a campus in North Manchester, Ind., where approximately 1,300 students choose from at least 60 areas of undergraduate study, two master's programs and 21 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Our second campus in Fort Wayne is home to the Manchester University College of Pharmacy, where graduates are awarded the Pharm.D. Doctoral degree.
Manchester has a distinctive commitment to developing respect for ethnic, cultural and religious pluralism and an international consciousness. Manchester University respects the infinite worth of every individual and graduates persons of ability and conviction who draw upon their education and faith to lead principled, productive, and compassionate lives that improve the human condition. As an institution rooted in the tradition of the Church of the Brethren, Manchester University values learning, faith, service, integrity, diversity, and community.
Work schedule: This is a full time, non-exempt position, 40 hours per week, with a regular schedule of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
What we offer: We offer competitive pay and the opportunity to serve in a dynamic educational environment.
Salary range: $13.35 - $16.32
To apply: Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Apply online via ADP and upload a cover letter and resume with your completed employment application. Questions can be emailed to Jenny Steele, employment coordinator.
Application link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=c01330c8-9bdc-4d7b-b355-90630c559bae&jobId=252662&lang=en_US&source=CC4&ccId=2430645216_8781
Manchester University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who further diversify our faculty and staff are warmly welcome.