St. Michael Lutheran Church on Getz Road is looking for a part-time MAINTENANCE WORKER, who will perform building maintenance and repair of a 50,000 SF building, assist with custodial needs, and maintain the general upkeep of the property.
- Possess High School Diploma
- Have minimum 5 years experience in building maintenance
- Able to organize work, set priorities, and work independently
- Ability to job-share responsibilities with other maintenance workers and staff
- Ability to communicate with Head Trustee and/or Executive Director any major facility issues
- Licensed to operate a motor vehicle
- Possess basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and gas and electric powered machinery
- Able to lift 75 lbs.
- Have complete mobility in building and grounds activities, including moving furniture and heavy equipment
- Able to work in church/school environmental conditions and able to pass a background check
- Available for on-call maintenance and security emergencies on alternate nights and weekends
- Willingness and ability to learn operation of new equipment
- Active in the ministry of a local Christian church
- Have Building Trade School training
- Have 3 years experience in building maintenance management
- Familiar with local/state/federal building codes and ordinance
- Knowledge of basic HVAC and mechanical functions of a large non-residential building
- Member of St. Michael Lutheran Church
Major Area of Responsibilities:
1. Building and Maintenance
- Assist with the renovation/remodel/repair of buildings, including but not limited to painting, drywall, minor plumbing repairs, and basic electrical repairs
- Install cable/wiring for technology equipment and assist with installation/mounting of cameras, screens, video equipment, etc.
- Be available for emergency maintenance requests, as needed
- Create and maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures
2. Custodial Care
- Set up rooms for meetings and school functions
- Set up lunch tables and clean up after lunch periods in a timely manner
- Ensure that all areas of the facility are safe, clean, and well-maintained
- Perform time sensitive custodial duties, as requested by the Executive Director or ESM staff
- Ensure that parking lots, drives and walkways are clean, safe, and well-maintained, including lawn care and snow removal.
- Wash windows (both inside and out), screens, and blinds, as needed.
- Ensure that outside lighting is working properly
- Ensure that fire and security monitoring systems are in good working order
- Ensure the proper operation of door and locks, handicap doors, and entry keypads.
Contact InformationName: Tammy Bruns