Doc Dancer Inc. is seeking a full-time bookkeeper to join their team. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement benefits and a pleasant work environment. Please see below for a description of the job functions:
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Work Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, minimal overtime work expected
Primary Job Function: Responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting; maintaining efficient internal controls; adherence to accounting policies and other company policies and procedures; collection of receivables; processing payables; and payroll processing and reporting.
Minimum Job Requirements: Strong math skills; specific attention to detail; proficiency in Quickbooks, Excel, Word & Outlook; ability to interact cooperatively with others; trustworthiness; and basic accounting principle knowledge.
Reports To: Controller
Major Job Duties:
- Process daily deposits against accounts receivable
- Assist in processing customer financing as needed with Customer Service Representative
- Administer credit approval process for new contractors and service customers setting up accounts
- Process checks for payment against accounts payable and notes payable maintaining a good credit standing
- Code time cards, process payroll and maintain payroll records
- File timely 941 tax deposits and other payroll tax liabilities
- Prepare sales commission reports and calculate/pay sales commissions
- Maintain accurate leave records
- Maintain insurance data, including policies, certificates of insurance, vehicle insurance, etc.
- Work with Controller to reconcile all Balance Sheet accounts at month end and update General Ledger
- Provide daily and weekly reporting to Management as directed
- Administer workers compensation claims with assistance of Controller
- Assist with answering phones and scheduling calls during heavy call volume periods.
- Provide Departmentalized & Consolidated Financial statements by the 15th
Performance Indicators: Certain key business indicators that will measure the effectiveness of the position:
- Timeliness and accuracy of reporting, including meeting designated due dates.
- Cash flow management.
- Ability to work well with other team members to accomplish company objectives.
Note: A detailed description of the job and job expectations will be provided at time an on-site interview is scheduled.