If you’re a student with an active interest in getting into broadcasting as a career, STAR 88.3 and STAR Educational Media Network has a unique and active internship program that is available to you.
If you are enrolled in a college, university or trade school, you are eligible to apply. (High school seniors may apply as well.)
Intern assignments are based upon your areas of interest as well as our needs at the time. You’ll have the chance to spend time in other departments, too in an effort to learn all the different functions of the radio station.
The three types of internships available are:
Promotions & Events
Programming & Production
You’ll receive “hands-on” education and training on:
- How the Morning Show plans their broadcast.
- Planning, coordinating and working at events in the community including local concerts.
- Networking with businesses around the region.
- How a music playlist is created.
- Developing relationships with industry contacts.
- Developing relationships in the community you serve.
- Working with budgets and Expense Reports.
- Customer Service (relating to listeners and donors).
- Rules and Regulations stations have to follow.
- Operating studio and transmitter gear.
- Becoming an effective team leader.
The structure of STAR 88.3’s Internship Program is built in such a way that many of our employees were once interns in the early stages of their careers!
STAR 88.3 Internships are available year-round, and positions are available if you meet the following requirements:
- Must be aware of the station’s Christian values and show respect for that lifestyle
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Must be enrolled in a college, university or trade school, or a High school senior currently involved in your internship program.
- Must have a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the station, including Saturday’s if applying for the Promotions & Events Internship.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must have a positive and professional attitude and appearance
- Must have good speaking and communication skills